Many eat it for breakfast with their favourite roti canai. It is poured in generous amounts over a pile of steaming hot rice for lunch and eaten with paratha, thosai and even idli for dinners in households and restaurants worldwide.
It is never a dhal moment with it. This Deepavali, make your dhal (dried split lentils) curry in the Noxxa Electric Multifunction Pressure Cooker and add our very own Nutrilite Soy Protein Drink powder to increase both your protein and nutrient intake!
Soy Protein Dhal Curry
- 250g mixed dhal (soaked 30 mins)
- 300g water
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1-inch ginger (chopped)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 dried chilli
- 1-2 stalks curry leaves
- 2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 2 carrots (cut into big chunks)
- 3 potatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 small round brinjal (cut into wedges)
- 30g tamarind paste (mix with 200g water)
- 2 tbsp dhal curry powder (mix with 500g water)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Nutrilite Soy Protein Drink (make into paste with 4 tbsp water)
- Add Ingredient A into the Noxxa Electric Multifunction Pressure Cooker’s
inner pot. Close the lid and turn the pressure regulator knob to PRESSURE. Select MULTIGRAIN function and set the time to 6 minutes. Once cooking is done, press CANCEL, release the pressure, and open the lid. Pour the cooked dhal into a big bowl and set aside.
- Clean the inner pot and place back into the pressure cooker. Turn on STIR FRY function 160°C and add in oil. Stir fry Ingredient B until fragrant.
- Add in Ingredient C except for the protein powder. Stir well and close the lid. Turn the pressure regulator knob to PRESSURE. Select SOUP/BROTH function and adjust the time to 6 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure and open the lid.
- Add in Nutrilite Soy Protein Drink and stir well before serving with rice or flatbread.